The CloudBroker Platform is an easy-to-use application store for high performance computing (HPC) in the cloud, developed and provided by CloudBroker GmbH, which was a spin-off company of the ETH Zurich.
Simply through a web browser or through one of the available programming interfaces, one can select from different scientific and technical applications and immediately execute the calculations on one of the available cloud infrastructures, pay-per-use. In the platform marketplace, one can also offer own batch-oriented application software in the cloud as well as access to cloud compute and storage infrastructure resources, and earn money with it being used.
On the public platform, registration is free after validation, and there are also no usage surcharges for free application software and cloud resources.
- On demand, pay-per-use, browser, programmatic and command-line access, cross-domain
- Suitable for all compute-intensive, batch-oriented, non-interactive applications, parallelized or not
- Uses infrastructure as a service (IaaS) from cloud providers
- Offers Platform as a Service (PaaS) for software vendors
- Provides Software as a Service (SaaS) for end users
- Easy to use, speeds up time to market, no need for own high performance computing infrastructure, OpEx instead of CapEx
- Public as well as licensed and hosted versions avialable
A public version of the CloudBroker Platform is available under https://platform.cloudbroker.com. More information about the platform is available from the CloudBroker website http://www.cloudbroker.com. In case of any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.